Monday, July 16, 2012

Football season is right around the corner!



Football season is right around the corner!

Southern Gamedays had their first promotional shoot yesterday and I'll tell you what, it got me super excited for the start of football season. 

All the models, the stylist and photographer met on UT campus yesterday in the staff lot across from the stadium.  I went a tad early to scope out the potential spots, and I thought to myself, I'll just take a quick peak around the stadium to see if it was unlocked.  I went all the way around to the side, no mans land, and I see a truck.  Jackpot!  So I go through the gated fence, climb over some transformers and find my way over the the "nice" part of the stadium.  I turn a corner and BAM! I see it.....like a magnet, there it was, that green, beautiful field.  I heard a heavenly chorus in the soundtrack of my mind and I head toward yet another gate.  Of course it was locked.  I had no cell phone and I was afraid the truck would leave and lock me in (I had already scouted a place I could climb over should this happen), but I decided to head back anyway.  Oh well, I did catch a glimpse, and the fever hit. 

The girls arrived looking amazing, with perfect hair and make up and an array of accessories and shoes.  As we doled out the outfits, they pretty much changed then and there, some tried to crouch in their cars, but it was a pretty public dressing room.  Hey, SG is low budget right now!  We hopped in the cars and the first stop was Circle Park.   Wouldn't you know they're having some kind of event and Circle Park is covered with tables, chairs and tents.   This, however, did not hinder mine or Chelsea's (the delightful photographer) determination.  We were able to get some amazing shots there.  I cannot WAIT for everyone to see them.

Next stop, the courtyard at Strong Hall and Clement.  Ahh, the memories.  Only 12 (geez) years ago, I was about to move into that dorm with my first roommate Julie and be thrown into the college experience with no air conditioning.  Nope.  None.  Welcome to college!  I have lots of great memories from that courtyard so it was nice to be shooting there, and the architecture of that building and the mature trees there are gorgeous. 

Last stop, The Hill.  Ayers Hall looks pretty amazing these days and we got a ton of great shots there.  The memories on The Hill, not as great as those from the dorm.  Especially Ayers.  Stupid math classes.  

The girls were so patient, and it was a toasty day.  They all looked super fabulous.  I had some pretty sweet and gorgeous friends come and help with the shoot, and I'm so thankful.  One of my co workers, Kim, who is also a friend, came to style the girls and just help my crazy self out.  She is so wonderful.   I can't wait to show everyone the finished product.  Chelsea Cusick with Chelsea B. Photography was so positive and upbeat the entire time.  She worked her tiny little tail off. 

Overall a great day!  I'm excited about football season and I'm even more excited for Southern Gamedays.  Stay tuned...





No comments:

Post a Comment